In Colossians 1: 14-20, we find fifteen great truths about Jesus Christ. If we are to celebrate the birth of Christ it is important to know just who it is that we are celebrating.
1. Verse 14: In Him we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
2. Verse 15: He is the image of the invisisble God.
3. Verse 15: He is the firstborn of all creation-that is the specially honored Son of God with authority over all creation.
4. Verse 16: By Him were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities.
5. Verse 16: All things were created through Him.
6. Verse 16: All things were created for Him.
7. Verse 17: He is before all things.
8. Verse 17: In Him all things hold together.
9. Verse 18: He is the head of the body, the church.
10. Verse 18: He is the beginning.
11. Verse 18: He is the firstborn from among the dead.
12. Verse 18: In everything He is preeminent. (has supremacy)
13. Verse 19: In Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell.
14. Verse 20: He reconciles all things to Himself, whether on earth or in heaven.
15. Verse 20: He makes peace by the blood of His cross.
Many who have heard of Jesus do not know these things about Him. Some who have heard these things do not believe these things about him. They are willing to grant him prominence but not preeminence. We must receive Jesus on His terms or not at all. I confess my faith that all of these things and more are true of Jesus the Christ.