I promised the homebuilder’s bible study group at Crestview that I would post this list of ten power principles for Christian service. They are the substance of a book by a father and son team of pastors and teachers. Warren and David Wiersbe collaborated to bring a timeless word about biblical leadership in ministry. These principles apply not only to pastors, but to anyone who seriously desires to serve the Lord. I will post them with minimal comment.
1. THE FOUNDATION OF MINISTRY IS CHARACTER.
2. THE NATURE OF MINISTRY IS SERVICE. (See Matthew 20:28)
3. THE MOTIVE OF MINISTRY IS LOVE. (See 2 Corinthians 5:14)
4. THE MEASURE OF MINISTRY IS SACRIFICE. (It is not great success, but great sacrifice that reveals ministry.)
5. THE AUTHORITY OF MINISTRY IS SUBMISSION. (Without submission to Christ one may lead, but they cannot truly minister and their leadership will be a disaster in the end.)
6. THE PURPOSE OF MINISTRY IS THE GLORY OF GOD. (Not superstar preachers or lay people)
7. THE TOOLS FOR MINISTRY ARE THE WORD OF GOD AND PRAYER.
8. THE PRIVILEGE OF MINISTRY IS GROWTH. (Personal spiritual growth always accompanies service. A growing ministry is a by product of personal growth.)
9. THE POWER FOR MINISTRY IS THE HOLY SPIRIT.
10. THE MODEL OF MINISTRY IS JESUS CHRIST. (Compare your ministry to the ministry of Jesus and not so much to others who minister. He is our ultimate model. We MAY learn from others, but we MUST learn from him.)
SERVE THE LORD WITH GLADNESS!